Would you like to spend Christmas in the Swiss Alps? Would you like to spend it relaxing in a five star boutique chalet owned by some very dear friends of ours and managed by their son, Andrew and his wife, Lucy? They will take excellent care of you from the moment you arrive at the station. There is plenty to do in Nendaz for skiers and non skiers alike. Keep reading to learn more about this unique vacation opportunity.
Etoiles de Montagne
Package price of per person in a double room includes :
– The hotel van will pick you up at the Sion Train Station.
Transfer from the airport to the train is easy in Switzerland as the train leaves directly from the Geneva Airport.
– Your choice of one of six beautiful rooms with a full bath, accessible by elevator.
– Gourmet breakfast and 3 course dinner with wine included
– A one day spa pass per person. Spa includes an interior and exterior pool, steam baths, sauna, and more
– A multi-course Christmas dinner with champagne to start and nice wine included.
– A guided hike or walk in the mountains to include lunch on the way with a glass of wine and a small snack.
Weather and your fitness level depending it could be a “bisse” walk along some of the oldest water irrigation channels in the world (the oldest is from 1453). The walks can be easy (1 ½ hours max one way) and we can arrange to pick you up with the van or walk back in a loop by taking another route.
There is also the possibility of visiting the highest point at 10’000 feet or 3330 meters, Mt Fort and we could have a fondue up there or just a coffee, the view is the best there is in the alps with over 10 mountains over 4000m. It is very impressive.
– A half day trip in the hotel van to either do some wine tasting, lunch included or, if you prefer, a trip to Sion for sightseeing and shopping, lunch included.
– Discounts on your ski tickets and equipment through our partners. Nendaz is connected to Verbier via the lifts, conditions permitting.
– Return trip to the Sion train station in the hotel van
– All taxes and tips included. Package price SFR 325 per night per person sharing a double room, 7 days (at least 6 nights). This is a special offer specifically for our group. If we fill all six rooms for the week, the owners will discount the price by SFR 25 per night per person. Prices are subject to change until the booking is made. Please call to confirm 207 354 6177.
Air France quoted us a ticket price of $1,196 per person, taxes and fees included Boston to Geneva. Prices are subject to change. Airline tickets and train fares are not part of the package deal but, if enough people are interested, we can arrange for a group fare.
Cooking classes with our chef and Margaret (co-owner) who makes the best short bread, Christmas cake and Christmas pudding in the world. The cooking courses have been a big success and we would give you a special price on that since you would be in residence. We could do it for SFR 75 per person per day. Minimum group size : 4 people.
Massage In House SFR 60 – 75 depending on time and type of massage.
Yoga Classes price to be defined depending on size of class.
This is a great vacation property in Nendaz.
The property is new and is furnished/equipped to a high standard, with lots of little comforts that match all but the most opulent of 5 star hotels. We were very comfortable here. There’s also a hot tub and an excellent home theatre/gaming room that kept our children happy after the skiing was finished.
Although terrific, the property itself is not the key feature of les Etoiles de Montagne.
The two biggest strengths are the food and the full service provided by the owners and staff.
The food is really outstanding, down to the little touches that are served with each meal and with every snack. We stayed for a week and I can think of a minor quibble or two…but only with an effort since our impression was overwhelmingly positive. We were very satisfied with the food and would recommend it to anyone.
Chef Geoff is very visible in the kitchen and constantly asks about special requirements and/or requests for little tweaks to the menu. This is great if you have fussy children in your party.
The service is similarly outstanding: the Studer family takes the trouble to find out what you’re looking for and then does their best to make it happen. This is a key benefit of staying at this property and really helped to ensure that we had a great time.
In addition to the downhill skiing, there is good snowshoeing and cross-country skiing available nearby. There are likely other things to do as well, but that’s all that we had time for.
Overall, les Etoiles de Montagne would be terrific value for a holiday in any country…and in my opinion, represents really outstanding value for Switzerland. I suspect that prices will rise as this property develops the reputation it deserves…it has been open for less than a year at this point.
I would absolutely stay here again.
https://vimeo.com/116013013 password is Nendaz
layout of chalet Etoiles de Montagne Click on the layout to see the floor plan.